Contact Daniel Lim

bigcowdesigns@yahoo.com

This site is copyright 2007-2011 by Daniel Lim

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Nifty Little Quad - New Version Upgraded Hubsan X4 H107L 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter RTF Mode 2


I have since acquired two collective pitch Helicopters (Blade mCPX and Nano CPX) after I did a review on the Syma S107G about 3 years ago!

Recently I got myself another toy.

A new version upgraded Hubsan X4 H107L 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter RTF Mode 2.

The package came as expected but a little crumpled. Luckily the good internal packaging design kept the items within well and safe. The moment when I opened the box, the well finished glossy canopy of the X4 caught my attention. Charged the battery and flew it round my living room and this little thing is a blast! Extremely stable after initialising the gyro and at normal mode anybody can fly it around. Manoeuvring turns nicely needs some practice. Otherwise pirouette turns on the spot might just get it round the corners. After flying helicopters for some time, finding the forward direction after a few spins on the squarish quad is tricky as all sides looked the same. So recognising the blade colours or the LEDs to determine 'tail in' will make navigation less of a guessing game.

What disappoints me is are the stock blades. I gave it a few flights and one of the black ones keep popping off. I realised it was looser than the rest. I hope mine is a unique rare case. Luckily the package comes with spare blades. Once I got it changed, the X4 continues its blasting performance.

I hope I'll be able to get a set of replacement blades from T-Mart since the loose black one is not my fault though. I don't want to be using my spares so quickly...

Overall experience 4/5. I wished the transmitter would look more handsome. A little Toyish looking. Already considering another one with the camera option.

No comments: